The latest issue of the GIP Digital Watchnewsletter covering May 2019 contains:
- An overview of trends in May: the Huawei controversy rages on, the fight against violent extremism is in the spotlight, and facial recognition technology raises alarms.
- A review of the main digital policy developments in May, which show that security, e-commerce and the Internet economy, digital rights, and new technologies were prominent issues in May.
- An analysis of how the latest US Executive Order has added new dimensions to the Huawei controversy.
- A feature on artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics as a potential solution to the ageing world.
- A data analysis section on court cases relating to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) since it entered into force a year ago.
- The calendar of upcoming events in June.