Our remit and vision
Our vision is to eliminate child sexual abuse imagery online.
Our remit is to remove:
- Child sexual abuse content* hosted anywhere in the world.
- Non-photographic child sexual abuse images hosted in the UK.
We work to:
- Eliminate child sexual abuse images online.
- Help victims by removing images of child sexual abuse from the internet.
- Make the internet a safer place for everyone to use.
- Protect our Members’ services and brands from misuse.
How we do this
- Identify, assess, report and remove illegal child sexual abuse imagery.
- Provide a world class Hotline for anyone to securely and anonymously report child sexual abuse imagery.
- Actively search for child sexual abuse images and videos on the public internet.
- Work with industry partners worldwide to remove images of child sexual abuse and stop them from being spread further.
- Share our expertise and play an active role in the UK Safer Internet Centre.
Tackling a global problem
Online child sexual abuse imagery is a global problem, which demands a global solution. The internet does not respect geographical borders, so we work in close cooperation with partners worldwide. This helps us to eradicate online images of child sexual abuse as quickly and efficiently as possible.